- Phase 1
- Timber Buildings A to E and industrial activity (10th century).
- Phase 2
- Timber Buildings F and G (late 10th to early 11th century).
- Phase 3
- Bank or platform construction, east side of site (early to mid 11th century).
- Phase 4
- Timber Buildings H to L (mid to late 11th century).
- Phase 5
- Industrial activities on open ground (12th century).
- Phase 6
- Timber Buildings M to O, metalworking and industrial activities (late 12th to early 14th century).
- Phase 7
- New property division and timber-framed Buildings P to R (early to mid 14th century).
- Phase 8
- Building R and new timber-framed Buildings S and T (mid to late 14th century).
- Phase 9
- Timber-framed Buildings U to Y, metalworking (late 14th to late 16th century).
- Phases 10, 11, 12, 13
- Rebuilding of Buildings U, V and X, creation of new yard with well, construction of Buildings Z, AB and AC (early 17th to 20th century).